NOW PLAYING: Loading…
1980…not one of the most innovative and exciting years musically. But there were a few shining moments, including Pat Benatar, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Blondie, and Bruce Springsteen’s “The River”. The biggest star of 1980 was a unknown “yacht-rocker” named Christopher Cross — who burst onto the scene with three chart-topping hit singles from his debut album.
We were also in the midst of the “Urban Cowboy Era” that year — where several twangy-based tunes found their way onto Pop and Rock radio.
Back In 1980:
- Minimum wage in the U.S. was $3.10 per hour
- The average annual income was $19,173
- A new car cost you $7,200
- You could build a new house for $68,714
- A loaf of bread was 51 cents
- A gallon of gas was $1.19
- First Class postage was only 15 cents!
On this week’s broadcast, we test a few more musical gems from 1980. Hear all the Progressive Rock from that year along with TV, Movie, News, Sports and lifestyle memories right here right now on Live365!
Who were your favorite artists and tunes from 1980?
I thank you for listening!